Growing up my family was big on family dinners and game nights. CLUE was a household favorite. Did you know that there are several benefits (beyond just having fun) to having regularly scheduled game nights?
Here are just a few facts about the benefits of the game night!
- Fosters better communication skills and character
- Teaches good sportsmanship that will be applied to everyday situations
- Releases endorphins to reduce stress and focus energy in a positive way
- A fun way to learn about problem solving
- Strengthens relationships and bonds among family members
- A creative method to enhance reading skills
Rummikub and Pass the Pen are two great games families can get started with.
With more than 55 million units sold, Rummikub is one of the world’s best-selling and most-played games!
- Players take turns placing numbered tiles in runs or groups, Rummy style – the first player to use all of their tiles wins!
- Fast-paced, easy gameplay is ideal for people of different ages to play together
- Reinforces STEM skills like sequencing, pattern recognition and planning
- For 2-4 players, ages 8 and up
- Find it at Target
Pass the Pen is the world’s fastest drawing game because the pen tip disappears as you play! You’ll get 10 seconds to draw while all the other players guess. Is that a hamburger? A snowman? A sumo wrestler?
- Built-in timer makes the pen retract as you draw
- Players get 10 seconds to draw – if nobody guesses right, pass the pen to the next player to pick up where you left off
- It’s fast, fun and guaranteed to draw out plenty of laughter
- For 3 or more players, ages 8 and up
- Find it on Amazon