We found these tips for a successful high school class reunion in The Black Chronicle, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma:
- Choose a reunion theme and have it in every detail of your reunion, from invitations to activities. For example, a western theme can feature hay rides, Western-themed food, decorations (checkered tablecloths), etc.
- Have a welcome night that is casual and intimate with drinks and light snacks. A local pub or small restaurant where you hung out during school days is perfect.
- Place disposable cameras at every table and have the disc jockey/band/master of ceremonies remind everyone to take candid photos. After the reunion, post photos on a website and send links to everyone.
- Position a reunion display where classmates will enter the main event, with photos, memorabilia, awards, news clippings, yearbook photos, etc.
- On nametags, have the person’s photo from the senior yearbook, so that everyone can identify each other more easily.
- Produce a “keepsake” publication with photos and an alumni directory.
- Balloons are an inexpensive way to decorate for reunions.