A little creativity goes a long way to convince your potential attendees to send in that “Yes, I’ll be there” RSVP! Here are some tips to help.
- Use photographs. Reminisce with by sharing a “mystery” photograph each week leading up to your reunion through email, on a family website, or in a Facebook or Instagram post. Ask family members to submit their guesses. Scan multiple photos quickly with the Vivid-Pix ®, Memory Station https://www.vivid-pix.com/memorystation and edit them with Vivid-Pix ®, Restore software https://www.vivid-pix.com/restore.
- Create a teaser video. You can create a video for social media post that highlights the unique aspects of the reunion to build excitement. Use iMovie https://www.apple.com/imovie or Canva https://www.canva.com to generate videos.
- Highlight an activity. Got a great trivia contest or cornhole tournament planned for your reunion? Thinking about a Karaoke contest or scavenger hunt? Drop hints via email or social media such as “Which year was the Luau theme?” Or include an image of an item that will be hidden for the scavenger hunt (e.g. the cornhole championship trophy from 2021).
- Word of mouth. Tap into this “old school” strategy to spread the word about the reunion to other relatives. Provide a printable/shareable PDF invitation and ask them to call those who may not use email or social media.
- Reach out to local media. Contact your local newspaper, radio station, or television station with a story about your reunion.